Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day Trip


We took a day trip to one of our favorite places to go last week...Hendersonville, North Carolina. Gerald and I have been going up to Hendersonville since we first started dating about 10 years ago (good grief, I feel old now). Whenever I think about a fun, relaxing, scenic getaway, my first thought is to take a trip to the Hendersonville area. So it wasn't hard to figure out where we should go when we realized we had a day to spend together as a family.




Little Girl and me at Jump Off Rock enjoying the scenery. We packed a picnic lunch and were planning on doing some hiking but it was freezing cold and super windy up there and we were totally unprepared. We left our house in 70 degree weather and got up here and it was 40 degrees! We still had our picnic like champs but we decided to save the hike for some other time.








My baby and me. He's such a sweet cuddly little guy and I am eating up every moment of it because I know it won't last long. Right now, I am his favorite and I like it that way =)





I was taking some pictures of the scenery and these two thought it would be funny to sneak into the picture.





Some pretty daffodils that were just begging me for a picture




Little Girl with the pretty flowers



After our freezing cold picnic we headed back down the mountain to one of our favorite coffee shops on Main Street to try to warm ourselves up. Little girl really wanted some hot tea so we let her have a cup and she was so proud of herself and was acting like she was big stuff with her hot drink.



We actually had a nice relaxing time in the coffee shop with two kids which was amazing. Little Man slept in Gerald's arms most of the time and Little Girl entertained herself so we we able to just sit and relax and enjoy our coffee...it was a little miracle (if you have kids you know what I mean) and it provided some much needed down time for both of us.




Me posing on my all time favorite road. It's actually a private drive to a house. But aren't those trees amazing??? I always imagine that these trees and this road must lead to a magical land...ha-ha! For real though, it is gorgeous and this picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. You'll just have to go see for yourself.  The gate is usually locked but for some reason this day it wasn't. So we pulled in and Gerald snapped a few pictures of me.



I threw this one in for fun. This picture was taken in 2006 at Jump Off Rock. We were newly married and had not a care in the world. Just look at those innocent/naive faces =)



And this is Gerald and me five years later taken in almost the exact same spot.  A little wiser (I hope) but still so in love. And I have to say...I think we look pretty good for having added 2 kids and a house in those five years ;-)











4 comments:

  1. You guys do look great! That looked like a fun day trip...and those trees on the road are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Some of our favorite spots too. Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ERIN --YOU SHOULD TAKE A PICTURE IN THAT SAME SPOT EVERY 5 YEARS--AND KEEP THEM TOGETHER IN A BOOKLET---
    LOVED SEEING THE DIFFERENCE IN 5 YEARS--('-')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brittney and Mrs. Tilson!
    Meme...you think we look different??? ha-ha...j/k! I kinda like the 5 year idea but I'm concerned it might be slightly depressing to have actual photographic proof of us aging =) But seriously, I like the idea and will try to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete