Friday, April 15, 2011

Before and After


 before.....

I have been wanting to do something with this window up in the playroom for a long time now. I had my eye on this fabric at Ikea for what seemed like forever. I just knew it would be perfect for this window,  but every time we would go to Ikea to get the fabric they would be out of stock, and you can't order fabric online which is really frustrating. Finally, a little over a year ago, I was able to get my hands on the fabric. I was so excited to finally have it. I did one small project using the fabric for Little Girl's play kitchen and then the fabric just sat up in the playroom waiting to be used for it's original purpose for over a year now. Ha-ha! I guess we were just waiting for the perfect rainy day when there were no other more pressing projects that needed to be done. That day finally came and Gerald and I (mainly Gerald) knocked this out in about three hours. We were in such a hurry to get it done while the kids were napping that we forgot to take pictures of the whole process. There are tons of tutorials you can find online on how to make a window valance, and it really is very easy. So I don't feel too bad that I didn't take lots of pictures of the process. I did remember to get a before and after picture though! That counts for something...right?



after...

I'm loving the extra pop of color that the fabric adds to the room and it all just feels more finished now that the window is finally done. I'm planning on making some pillows out of the same fabric for the futon that is in this room as well. Maybe this time I'll remember to take pictures of the process =)

3 comments:

  1. All I can think is, "Wow! What a clean playroom!" LOL. That fabric is so cute, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so complete with the cornice. And yes, I was thinking the same as the comment before. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! It really does make a big difference - way to go you creative people, you!

    ReplyDelete