Friday, March 11, 2011

Rainy Days

  


We made the most out of a couple of rainy days we had this week. I have always liked rainy days and I started wondering why this could be. As I was thinking back on my days as a kid I remembered that my mom would let us run around and splash in the rain and get soaking wet and dirty and we had SO much fun. And then I remembered building huge forts out of blankets and how my mom never got upset at the huge mess that was involved in all of our elaborate tent making. So I decided to carry on the tradition and let Little Girl run around and get as wet and muddy as she wanted in the rain and we built a huge tent with every blanket we could find and then set it all up right in the middle of the living room. Hopefully, one day she will do the same with her kids =) So thank you mom for making what could have been just another boring rainy day something that I look back on as some of my favorite memories.



 















































4 comments:

  1. What a fun, fun rainy day! And I loved seeing those family heirloom quilts.
    What a cool tent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. We love the quilts as well! They have come in handy more times than I can count!

    ReplyDelete