Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Playdough




We made playdough today and rather than taking all new pictures of the process I decided to post pictures from last February when Little Girl and I made playdough together. This playdough turns out great and lasts forever...way better than the store bought kind. You need these ingredients.






One super cute little helper





Then you just have your super cute little helper mix it all up over low heat until it pulls away from the pan, is no longer sticky, and it forms a big ball like so.




Mix in the food coloring if desired and viola....your own playdough! Now just let your little helper go to town creating and having fun!  Here is a picture illustrating why I have since learned to make just one color as they all get mixed up anyway. =)




Recipe for Homemade Playdough

2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Cups Warm Water
1 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

Optional: food coloring, essential oils, and glitter

*Mix all the ingredients together and cook over low heat until the playdough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a big ball. Remove from heat and add food coloring, essential oils, and glitter until desired look/fragrance is achieved.

4 comments:

  1. I love those blue colors. Did you have a certain ratio of coloring to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought that huge box of food coloring from Hobby Lobby. It has so many different shades of colors. I guess I just keep adding a color until I get the color I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see that homemade play dough is still cool. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha-ha...yeah it's still cool, or at least I like to tell myself that ;-)

    ReplyDelete