Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

We have a cherry tree outside that puts out these lovely blossoms in early spring. Once I see these blossoms I feel like spring has officially begun! I try to remember to cut a few branches so I can enjoy them inside the house as well. It only takes a few branches in a vase to make a beautiful visual impact. These are sitting pretty in my dining room as I type.



Close up of the blossoms on the dining room table




These little cherry blossoms have majorly inspired me. So I decided to round up some pretty images from around the web. There are tons more out there but here are a few that inspired me!





A beautiful dessert table by Amy Atlas...I seriously want to be her!




A fun craft found over at DIY Wedding





A lovely cherry blossom necklace from vintageandglam's Etsy Shop




Cute Vintage Brooch from cirrusskooter's Etsy shop





Amazing cherry blossom cupcake by Hello Sugar





Beautiful wedding cake from Cake list's website


Now I'm on a mission to figure out how to make those Cupcakes...any ideas???



4 comments:

  1. SO SO PRETTY AND INSPIRING---

    ERIN EVERY THING YOU TOUCH -TURNS TO GOLD ---('-')

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to have a set of tiny little tin cookie cutters that cut out flower shapes close to these... Maybe to be used to make "windows" for jam-filled cookies and such? Looks like these are punched out of pink fondant, brushed with a little red color on the center, and stuck with sugar syrup to the frosting (but you probably figured that out...) Probably labor intensive, but really gorgeous for a special event ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds doable Jen! I was thinking something along the same lines. Have you ever made your own fondant? I've seen it at the store but it just seems like it couldn't possibly be good to actually eat. So good to "run into" you here! I was just checking out your awesome blog. You are such a talented writer...puts me to shame!

    ReplyDelete