Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana Muffins

 


These banana muffins are melt in your mouth good. I went through a long phase of hating anything banana flavored, but these muffins have done the trick and officially won me back over. I have been on a crazy baking spree lately which really is not good since I am typically the one that ends up eating all of the baked goodness. Hopefully soon, I'll get back into juicing vegetables so I can undo all the bad I've been doing. But let's be honest, it just isn't as fun to juice as it is to bake.

Here is the recipe if you care to give it a try. Once again I got my recipe from allrecipes.com (I love that place) and then gave it a few tweaks of my own.


For muffins: 
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted

For crumb topping:
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10-12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.







No comments:

Post a Comment