Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine

We celebrated Valentine's Day today. I am filled with love today as I consider the fact that I have two wonderful little kids and an amazing husband. What awesome gifts from God! Oh, and I don't say my husband is amazing lightly. He really is. For instance, right now he is cooking me a lovely Italian dinner and he even decorated the downstairs for a romantic dinner for just the two of us. I left for Yoga class tonight with a messy house and hungry kids. I came back from my yoga class to a clean house, kids in bed, and dinner cooking. How lucky am I?

So here is the breakdown of how we celebrated today:

We started the day with some Valentine shaped apple cinnamon pancakes, strawberries, orange slices, and scrambled eggs.




Lunch was peanut butter, banana, honey, and cinnamon heart shaped sandwiches, cheese cut into heart shapes, and yogurt with berries in the shape of a heart on top. I even added the berry juice to the Ginger Ale to make it pink!





Then we took it outside to eat because it was a beautiful day!




 Little girl loved the fancy plate and cup and all the heart shaped food.




Little man wore his super cute Valentine's outfit from Gigi. Isn't he adorable?




Then Gerald came home from work with roses for his girls. Here is little girl with her rose from daddy!
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you had a wonderful day as well!























3 comments:

  1. I like! Didn't know this was up for a month already! I love the photos. It is inspiring. This does seem to be a good outlet. I think it is just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST came across your blog (Alex's Facebook was open when I got on the computer). Yay! I love the name, btw. And these posts-very nice. I wish I had a camera with which to post pictures to my blog! Jealous.

    Your Valentine's lunch is delectably appealing. How did you get the berries to form the heart?

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer! I enjoyed your blog as well =)
    Brittney, I just placed a heart shaped cookie cutter on top of the yogurt and then filled it in with berries. Then I carefully removed the cookie cutter...didn't turn out perfect but it worked =)

    ReplyDelete