Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scones

I made scones over the weekend and since they always turn out so well I thought I would share the recipe with you. I just follow the recipe and then I half the batter and add chocolate chips to one half of the batter and cranberries, orange juice, and orange zest to the other half.


Here is a chocolate chip scone looking lovely with a cup of coffee. The chocolate chip ones are good...




...but the cranberry orange scones are definitely my favorite.




This time I tried my hand at some whipped butter flavored with brown sugar and vanilla to go along with the scones. At first I thought the butter was a total fail but then I realized you just have to whip the butter for a very long time on as high a speed as your Kitchen Aid will go. It gets pretty messy but the end result is totally worth it!


I like to serve them warm with a cup of coffee...let me know if you give them a try!

5 comments:

  1. Not fair. Making me so hungry right now! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I was primed to make them tomorrow morning but I don't have any cream of tartar! Stink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love scones. cinnamon is good, too!

    ReplyDelete