Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happenings

Lots of things going on over here. We definitely have not been slacking because we lack things to post about. It is more about a lack of time to post. But we are working on that...and as I have always been told "you make time for things you care about." So bear with us as we figure out how to make time for this blog.(I know our one follower is thrilled...ha ha)!

Made from scratch this three tiered chocolate cake with this delicious chocolate cream cheese frosting...can I get a "yummmm?" Yeah, it was good! Best frosting I have ever tasted. The cake on the other hand could use a little tweaking. It was "good" but it wasn't "great." And if I am going to make a cake from scratch I want it to be great. Little girl was very excited to try a piece with a glass of cold milk. Pretty sure she told me I was "the best mommy in the whole best world" when she found out I was making this for dessert.



 
We are finally getting around to putting together a puzzle that was given to me by my Grandma shortly before she passed away. The puzzle is actually a working clock and it is a whopping 4.5 feet long! Call me a geek, but I love putting puzzles together and I was glad that Gerald got into it with me. It was by far the hardest puzzle I have ever put together, and I am proud to say it is finished now. We just need to figure out how to glue it together and put the clock mechanism in the puzzle. Hopefully soon...because I want my dining room table back! Oh, and there is still a tiny issue concerning what we are going to do with the puzzle once we do have it all glued and working....I am voting for hanging it up but Gerald is not too keen on the idea. Stay tuned to see who wins =)



Made this lovely Valentine's Day garland with my little girl's help. All we did was cut out several large hearts from some patterned paper I had left over from some previous projects. Then I just punched two small holes through each heart, strung some ribbon through the hearts, and then hung the finished garland up on the mantel. Super easy...probably didn't even need to explain that...lol! =)


Made these football cake pops for a Super bowl party. I could care less about football. But ask me to make some cake pops into the shape of footballs...now that is something I can get excited about =)



Found little girl sleeping like this a couple days ago. She woke up to the sound of me taking her photo and was quite offended. It isn't often that she actually falls asleep during her "quiet time" and it looked like she had literally fallen asleep in the middle of reading books and playing with her dolls. It was way too cute not to document.



Little man is sitting up...with the help of a Bumbo. He is talking away (in his own cute little baby talk) and he has even been starting to laugh. I LOVE the sound of a baby's laugh. It is hands down the best sound in the world.


Looked over the other day to see that little girl had built this awesome fort for Polly Pocket and Strawberry Shortcake, or "STARberry Shortcake" as she likes to say. 



Did a fun craft with little girl that involved a glove, some felt, scissors, and fabric glue.  All you do is cut out some facial features and hair out of felt and then use fabric glue to adhere the cutout pieces of felt to your glove. Then just let it all dry for about an hour and you have your own little finger puppet family for your kiddo to play with!




No comments:

Post a Comment