Monday, May 2, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile


I've decided to start a weekly post entitled "things that make me smile." Hopefully, this will happen every Monday and the post will include pictures that never fail to bring a smile to my face. Most of the time it will not be that the picture is funny, it's more that the memory or the experience is a happy one for me. The first picture is a sweet moment captured between LG and LM. I'm praying that they will be continue to be great friends like they are now. No one can make LM smile and laugh like LG can.


The way LG plays with her "little people." I'm constantly stumbling on scenes like the ones below and am always left wondering what can it all mean? Where are all the animals going? Why is this odd assortment of little figurines dining together? Why is one little girl sitting on a potty at the table? Why is Sid the Sloth part of the scene? I'm sure it all makes perfect sense to a 3 year old! Sometimes, I almost hate to pick it all up.





 



 Checking on LG one last time before going to bed and finding her fast asleep with an umbrella over her. When we asked her why she did this the next day, she said that the umbrella protects her from monsters. We've found her like this twice now. I also love the way she decorates the back of her bed with books and dolls...it's always a little bit different every night.






 The way little girl puts her dolls to sleep beside her on the floor.




The thrill of a cool vintage find, like this One Step Polaroid camera. Sorry, but this one is already spoken for!




My new favorite lunch that I eat pretty much every day now. Thanks to my awesome friend Jody for having me over for lunch and sharing this recipe with me. The base is plain whole milk yogurt mixed with pesto and a little garlic salt. The cucumber and tomatoes are drenched in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, italian seasonings, garlic salt, pepper, and a little sugar. You put all that on a toasted piece of bread and, if you want, you can add a little more flavor by buttering the toast before you put the yogurt/pesto mixture on. Soooo yummy!


5 comments:

  1. I love this post idea! And Little Girl has me wishing I were a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this made me smile too, especially little girl's creativity in everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that she covers herself up with the umbrella! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd known the umbrella trick when I was a kid. Would have saved me a lot of sleepless nights...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, the bruschetta looks awesome! Totally craving it.

    ReplyDelete