Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rainy Day Fort Fun


We've had a lot of rainy days here lately, and I've been planning for a rainy weekend like the one we had a few weeks back. The school where I work ordered several new chairs this school year, and I had the plant engineer save the rather large boxes for me. After collecting several, I brought them home, stored them in the garage, and waited for the perfect rainy day to bring them out.

Well, that rainy day finally came. I told Lil Girl about my plan to build a huge fort, and she was in! Lil Man quickly agreed he was in too! We picked the place and surveyed the space...




Relocated the materials...


Assembled each box...


Added some colorful quilts for a nice finishing touch.

The kids really enjoyed themselves. Lil Girl started coloring before we were even finished, but we quickly learned that chalk wasn't the best idea. We'll do markers next time. All in all, it was a pretty fun rainy day project. Lil Girl even spent a few nights inside the fort.






No comments:

Post a Comment