Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birthday Girl


Little girl turned four today. I've been going down memory lane the past few days revisiting old photos and videos of my little girl. I had forgotten what adorable chubby little cheeks she had, and I had forgotten how sweet her little baby voice sounded, and how cute her first little baby curls were.

I really feel like she grew up a lot this past year. She lost all of her baby fat, she talks like a ten year old, and she is so much more independent than she was a year ago. I know that a lot of that had to do with the fact that she became a big sister this year, which meant she had to learn to do more things on her own. On one hand, I'm kinda sad to watch her grow up so fast, but on the other hand, I'm just really excited I get to watch her grow up. I've enjoyed every stage of her short little life so far, and I'm looking forward to the new stages and the new accomplishments that are still to come. Nothing, not even time, can change the fact that I will always be her mommy and she will always be my girl.

There are so many things I love about my little girl. I love how she hits the ground running in the morning and comes straight into my room announcing "it's time to wake up mommy, mommy the sun is out...it's time to wake up!!!" I love how she helps me make breakfast in the morning by scrambling the eggs and pushing down the coffee in the french press. I love how she likes to put together puzzles, play with her blocks, and color with me. I love watching her catch bugs and run around in our backyard. I love her kisses, morning cuddle time, and how she tells me that she "loves me in the whole best world." I love giggling about silly things with her and painting our nails the same color. I love watching her imagination come to life when she plays with her toys. I love that her favorite store is the Dollar Store and how her favorite thing to do is whatever her mommy and daddy are doing.

I tried to put together some pictures that represent the past four years of little girl's life. There are lots of pictures in this post, but I know family and close friends will enjoy looking at these.



































Happy Birthday sweet girl! I love you more than you'll ever know!

6 comments:

  1. aww. love this! are we going to get to see pictures of the party?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing all the pictures and I enjoyed the post that you wrote. There is nothing in this world any better than being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS WAS SO SWEET--
    I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH---
    THERE IS NOTHING ANY CLOSER THAN THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND DAUGHTER--
    IT WILL NEVER END----

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I can see so many of your expressions in her face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Loved looking at all the pictures again. What a nice job you do with those! Let us know when the pictures of the party will be ready.
    --Grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWW. she is so cute... her chubbiness is so squeezable. can't believe how old she is. adorableness.... she will remember these things for the rest of her life.... remember being 2, 3 and 4, how crazy all those memories are???? <3 u!!!

    ReplyDelete