Friday, June 3, 2011

Watching Lil' Man Grow

Sweet sleepy newborn baby at 2 weeks old

In an effort to chart Lil' man's growth, I have been taking a picture of him every month beside an adorable owl that his GiGi made for him. I remember before I had kids, I had grand plans to take a picture of my child in the exact same spot every single day. I thought if I did that, I could actually capture that illusive moment when my child grew. Then I had a kid, and I realized how impossible that would be. I'm sure there are people who have done it, but the level of dedication it would take is too much for me. This whole once a month thing is hard enough!

Lil' man is seven months old today. I'm not even kidding when I say that the past seven months have flown by. At the same time though, it seems like I've had Lil' man forever.  I can't even imagine life without my lil' boy. He is such a sweet, smiley, laid back little guy. Just what this family needed!

1 month old
2 months old
3 months old

4 months old
5 months old
6 months old
7 months old
I'm really wishing I could rewind the clock and take a better picture of Lil' man at 2 months old. I really don't know how that was the best picture I got that month. Pretty sad. I blame it on my insane tiredness, a super fussy two month old, and Christmas craziness all combined. I guess it is a picture of real life though. No baby is happy all the time, and if someone tells you their baby is happy all the time, then I promise they are either lying or they are seriously delusional =)

Here's another amazing photo project found over at Young House Love. They put mine to shame. I just stumbled across it a few days ago and now I'm convinced I must have a 3rd child for the sole purpose of copying them...haha! Don't worry Gerald,  I'm just kidding...kinda....maybe...not so much. =)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Young House Love! I have pinned that project on my PinInterest Board. They are an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete